I hope you are doing well on the first part of your challenge and you are adjusting well.
For Week 2 Meal Planning is Key.
- Sit down every week. Make a calendar Monday – Friday and make a plan.
Here is simple meal plan with easy prep. You can 3 proteins and work them into meals throughout the week with ease to start.
- Salmon – Salmon is fish that is widely popular. Easy to digest and has valuable Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats.
Grilled Salmon can be boiled and then put in bags and frozen for individual meals. Some ideas for Salmon.
Grilled Salmon can be paired with a mixed green salad., butternut squash, rice or mashed cauliflower, steamed yellow or green squash.
- Grilled Chicken – Prepare Grilled Chicken and freeze in portions in bags. Chicken or Turkey is a nice lean protein that can be made many different ways.
Grilled Chicken Salad with mixed greens, add some fruit like apples and walnuts, or strawberries and sunflower seeds. Make is mexi with avocado, jalapeno. Make some mexi riced cauliflower. Green Squash noodles with mushrooms and the chicken sauté in garlic and oil and plum tomatoes.
- Shrimp – Buy it precooked and frozen. You will have it at the ready all the time!! For salads, stir fries, fish tacos.
- Make a big batch of an easy Pre-Cooked Meal. Septerate them in to freezer containers or bag and grab and go for a quick meal. Sweet Potato, Kale and Turkey Chili is a great one!! (See Recipe Below.)
- Eggs!! Eggs are high in protein and Omega Fats. You can scramble them, poach them and put them over a salad. Keep a few dozen hard boiled for a quick protein pick me up. Make mini frittatas in muffin pans for quick out the door breakfast. Pair it with a banana.
Just a few notes. Never go the gym without eating!! Always have a small applesauce or banana on you. Eat it before you go in. When you leave have a quick protein. There are some good clean and paleo acceptable egg white protein powders out there. Fueling and recovery are key to progressing in your fitness goals.
Sweet Potato, Kale and Turkey or Beef Chili
2lbs of Lean Turkey or Beef
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (you can also use Butternut squash, turnips, or acorn squash)
1 Large bag of Kale or Swiss Chard (Make sure you remove ribs even if it is bagged variety.)
1 jalapeno – seeded or not seeded up to you.
1 handful of fresh cilantro chopped
1 Onion Chopped
8 Plump Tomatoes (do not take the seeds out!)
¼ Cup of Clean Salsa (Traders Joes works well)
3 Garlic Gloves Chopped
2 Cups Chicken Bone Broth Lower Sodium
1 Chili Powder, Cumin, Black Pepper to taste
1 Dash of Cinnamon
1 tablespoon of avocado for the top.
In a heavy bottom pot add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and sauté all the veggies and peppers. Then add turkey and cook through. Add the broth. Seasoning, salsa, add the diced sweet potatoes and simmer for 1 hour. Check for seasoning and add if necessary. When the potatoes are soft adding the kale and wilt. Serve with a table spoon of avocado on top.
1 Cup is a Serving. It is also great on top of a tossed salad or even veggie noodles.
You can always contact me or follow me on Instagram @crossfitmommy23
Breakfast Power Muffins on the Go!
12 Large eggs, cracked and scrambled (add a bit of Almond Milk while scrambling)
1 Cup small diced of the following (or your favorite veggies) Red, Green and Yellow Pepper, Spinach or Kale, onion or green onion and mushroom.
Spray muffin tin with coconut oil spray OR grease well with solid coconut oil (I just find they get greasy with the oil)
Pour your mixture into the tins. Add some Almond Milk Cheese on top if you like. Bake in a 400-degree oven 30-40 min or until done. Let them cool and pop them out. Put 2 to a bag and freeze or toss in fridge. Grab them on your way out with a bag of apples (you can buy them bagged) or even a cup of strawberries.