Congratulations to Sneha George and Jeremy Kostolni! They are CFTE’s Athletes of the Month!
Check out the answers to the fun and random questions we asked them 🙂
1. When and how did you get started with us? End of July- Before this, I never participated in athletic activities (at all!), so I was looking for a gym and workout program that will teach me to become physically stronger and athletic. CFTE was the best fit for what I needed mentally and physically to achieve this goal.
2. Favorite workout? Least favorite workout? Fav: ones with lots of parts to it. Least Fav: ones with lots of wall-balls.
3. What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now? A super lame Apple background of a flower.
4. What’s your favorite book you have read? Stories of Your Life and Others
5. What’s the last thing you searched for on Google? Flight prices
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Jolly Rancher? I’m more of a dessert person, not a fan of candy.
7. What superpower would you want to possess? Flight!
8. If you could travel anywhere outside of this planet, where would you go and why? Into a black hole because they’re so mysterious, and some scientists theorize that they may open to an alternate universe.
9. What do you love most about CFTE? The “TE” part. As someone who used to think that I just wasn’t capable of athleticism, CFTE (coaches and members) really empowered me, mentally and physically, to realize my body’s capabilities and potential. – Sneha George1. When and how did you get started with us?
I started at CFTE in June of 2017. Crossfit was recommended to me as a way of getting in shape for the physical portion of my black belt test. I came to CFTE because I had trained with Coach Dennis in the past, and I figured he would only work at a quality gym. As it turns out, I was right.
2. Favorite workout? Least favorite workout?
I tend to enjoy the “Chipper” workouts. Anything where I feel like I’ve really accomplished something. I generally don’t like the workouts that are more strength based.
3. What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
My lock screen is a Nelson Mandela quote, “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it”. And my home screen is a picture I took of my favorite hat and beer while on vacation in Costa Rica awhile ago.
4. What’s your favorite book you have read?
Recently I read “Platoon Leader: A Memoir of Command in Combat” By James R. McDonough. It was a relatively easy read and I was able to learn a lot about leadership from that book.
5. What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
I looked up a video to send to my friend about a movie we watched recently
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Jolly Rancher?
Green apple. Definitely green apple.
7. What superpower would you want to possess?
The power to know how to connect with anyone I come in contact with.
8. If you could travel anywhere outside of this planet, where would you go and why?
I remember reading a quote from an astronaut about the sense of humanity one gets from looking at the Earth from space and how all our politics and borders that we surround ourselves with seem so insignificant. So I think I would just like to go up into space and just look at the world and see how amazing it truly is.
9. What do you love most about CFTE?
What really kept me at CFTE was no matter what class I went to when I first joined, there was always at least one member who came up to me and made me feel welcome at the gym. It helped me realize that I did fit in now I try to do that for others when I see newer people. – Jeremy Kostolni